Sunday, May 09, 2010

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden Photography - Richmond VA

Last week I had the opportunity to visit the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, VA. I love flowers and gardens and had been waiting for a chance to explore these grounds. Usually when I'm in Richmond I'm on my way to Florida without time to stop.
Lewis Ginter Gardens was so pretty with lot of blooming flowers from iris to roses to foxglove to azaleas to peonies and more. It's also a prime wedding venue with multiple ceremony and reception locations including the rose garden and the beautiful, historic Bloemendaal House (I peeked in the windows). There is an enormous ginko tree outside the Bloemendaal house that I know is an amazing golden yellow in the fall. How pretty would that be for a late October or early November wedding?? I'd love to be a wedding photographer here anytime!
This year the gardens is displaying Glorious Glass in the Garden: The Art of Hans Godo Frabel, which you'll see in some of the pictures. Can you see the little glass men crossing the stream on a log?
Lewis Ginter Wedding Photography

No comments: