Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Cherry Blossom Time

When the Japanese Cherry Trees bloom in DC, it's one of the most beautiful sights in the world - in my opinion anyway! If you haven't experienced them, it really should be on your list of things to do at least once in life. Though for me, I must see them as often as possible while they are blooming to get my fill until next year. :)

This is my 12th spring in DC and I'm still awed by the way they transform the area into a surreal world of puffy soft pink clouds that contrast with their gnarled trunks.


After the cold Saturday through Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were beautiful days!

1 comment:

Armin de Fiesta said...

They are certainly a tourist magnet. I had an e-session there recently and I think every news channel, tour bus, and photographer was there at 830am! And here I was thinking we'd avoid crowds! We past maybe 6 or 7 other e-session/portrait sessions that same morning :)